Are you a gamer who is looking for a way to get more out of your gaming experience or you may want to get the most out of your graphics card? If so, then you may want to consider downloading Rivatuner Statistics Server. Rivatuner Statistics Server is a free tool that gives you all sorts of information about your graphics card, including framerates, temperatures, and more.
This powerful tool can help you tweak your graphics settings for the best performance possible. Whether you’re a hardcore gamer or just looking to improve your computer’s overall performance, Rivatuner Statistics Server is a must-have software. Learn more about Rivatuner Statistics Server in this post. We’ll tell you what it is, how it works, and give you some tips on how to use it. So read on to find out more!
What is Rivatuner Statistics Server?
Rivatuner Statistics Server is a program that allows you to monitor your computer’s performance in many different ways. You can also tweak your GPU and overclocking settings, which will help you optimize your PC’s power consumption and graphics processing power.
Rivatuner Statistics Server (or Rivatuner) is a free Powerful and easy-to-use tool for Precision Powerful Overclocking, Hardware Monitoring, and Fan Control.
Rivatuner Statistics Server is a free program for Windows that gathers information from your video card, as well as detailed information about how various graphics settings affect performance.
In other words, Rivatuner Statistics Server helps you to tweak your graphics settings so you can get the highest framerate or quality without sacrificing those two aspects. You also have the option of entirely removing graphical features if necessary, which would increase performance dramatically.
How Does Rivatuner Statistics Server Work?
Rivatuner Statistics Server has two parts: the monitor and the server. The monitor is installed directly onto your system and monitors information from your system’s hardware (such as temperatures and GPU usage). Then it sends that data to the server portion of the program over an Internet connection; this allows you to access all of that information remotely using any supported web browser (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer).
So do you get started using RivaTuner Statistics Server? First, you should download both the server and client parts of this tool. Then choose which GPU you want to monitor (either the internal card or an external card) and install each part into its designated directory; usually, that’s C:\Program Files for x86 or C:\Program Files\RivaTuner for 64-bit.
Please note that Rivatuner Statistics Server will open in your browser using Java Web Start technology if it isn’t installed on your system already.
Once RivaTuner is running, go ahead and select “Settings” from the top menu bar to configure how you’d like to view information about your graphics cards. You can control what data shows up in the monitoring window by choosing “Monitoring” then selecting the data that you want to be displayed.
What Are Rivatuner Statistics Server’s Features?
At its core, RivaTuner is an overclocking tool—a great one at that. But it has evolved into so much more than just another overclocking program.
It sports features like A hardware monitoring module (including temperatures and fan speeds) for over 300 graphics cards An integrated benchmarking tool with support for DirectX 9, 10, and 11 3-D benchmarks Support for multi-GPU configurations Hardware monitoring on all Direct3D devices The ability to customize resolutions, refresh rates, anti-aliasing levels, texture quality and detail level Support for custom profiles that can be shared with other users.
Here are some of the amazing features of Rivatuner-
1. With the help of this program, you can monitor all your computer’s hardware.
2. You can also tweak GPU Performance settings to make your PC run smoother.
3. This software delivers support for customizable clock detection and fan speeds.
4. The “Logitech LCD” plugin lets users customize their keyboards with overclocking information displayed on their screen.
5. Rivatuner Statistics Server has an automatic thread priority optimization algorithm that helps keep applications running smoothly at high priority without interrupting other apps or services.
6. Rivatuner Statistics Server allows users to view data in the form of graphs so they know exactly how their system is performing at any given time.
7. It also provides users with a temperature monitor that can display all their hardware temperatures.
8. Rivatuner allows gamers to improve their gaming experience by letting them tweak their video settings for higher FPS (frames per second) and smoother gameplay and visuals
9. Users will be able to adjust fan speeds straight from the app’s interface! No more annoying trips to your computer’s BIOS setup screen every time you need this adjustment made
10. You’ll be able to manage power supply configurations directly from within the app as well as recalculate total system power consumption, which means you’ll know exactly how much wattage your computer is drawing at any given time
11. Rivatuner Statistics Server supports customizable event logging so users can see exactly what’s happening on their computers when they are not there!
12. It also provides users with an overclocking checker to help them pick out the best system clock speed for their hardware
Some of these features are Windows-only, so you won’t find them on OS X or Linux systems. But for gamers who use Nvidia graphics cards running Windows, this powerful tool is a must-have.
How to Use Rivatuner Statistics Server To Improve Gaming Performance?
Rivatuner has several tools for gamers—monitoring software is one of them, but it also comes with other cool utilities, like its overclocking interface. First, go ahead and open up the Monitoring window in RivaTuner so you can see what temperature information your video card is reporting to you.
By default, there are three tabs: Temperature, Fan Speed, and Utilization. As their names imply, they show your card’s local temperature readings along with the current fan speed and percentage of GPU utilization. If you want to get more control over your graphics card, select “Settings” from the menu bar along the top; this will open up a new window where you can adjust how RivaTuner monitors your video card.
Leave “Monitoring Settings” open while we take a look at overclocking options in RivaTuner. Open the “Overclocking” dropdown menu to select between Nvidia GPUs or ATI GPUs (and later on AMD GPUs). Once you’ve selected the right GPU type, choose either an individual core clock or an entire chip clock by selecting one of the three listed choices.
For example, if I wanted to increase my GeForce GTX 460’s core clock headroom, I’d select the “Individual Core” radio button and click on my card’s core clock speed.
This brings up a new window where you can choose which specific speeds to overclock. For example, if your graphics card has 2GB of GDDR5 memory running at 600MHz (600MHz x 2 = 1,200MHz), you’ll want to leave it alone because changing that will lower your overall memory bandwidth.
You also don’t want to change the default GPU or shader clock speeds; doing so could cause instability issues, higher temperatures, and fan speeds as well as reduce the life of your video card. Remember: always monitor your system while you’re overclocking—if things go south, don’t be afraid to roll back to factory default clock settings to get things running under control again.
How to Save Overclocking Settings?
Now that we have overclocked our card, it’s a good idea to save the changes so we can quickly and easily apply them anytime you want. To do this, select “File” from the top menu bar and choose “Save”. Then give your profile a name so you know what it does (for example, I’ll save my GeForce GTX 460 overclocking profiles as “GeForce GTX 460 OC Profile”).
This will automatically close RivaTuner Statistics Server if it was open; now go ahead and launch your game or video editing software—you should now be able to tell an immediate difference in performance! If for any reason your settings weren’t applied, just re-launch RivaTuner, and all of those changes will now be enabled.
How to Download Rivatuner Statistics Server?
In this section, you will find a step-by-step guide to download and install Rivatuner Statistics Server.
1. Scroll down to look for a file called rts_tools_whql_fullpack_-_x86-64.zip and click the download button.
2. Select [ Save ] to save the rts_tools_whql_fullpack_-_x86-64.zip file on your hard drive and then click [ OK ].
3. When you are done downloading, double click the rts_tools_whql_fullpack_-_x86-64.zip file to unzip it.
4. Go into the folder that was created when you unzipped the rts_tools_whql_fullpack_-_x86-64.zip file and double click on Setup.exe file to start the installation process of Rivatuner statistics server.
5. You will now see a blue screen with Rivatuner Statistics Server installation wizard.
6. Click on Next to continue with the installation process of Rivatuner statistics server.
7. You will now be asked to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA), select I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button, and then click on the Next button to continue with installation of Rivatuner statistics server.
8. Next step is to choose a destination folder for Rivatuner statistics server installation, we recommend you accept default settings and install Rivatuner Statistics Server in the C:\Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server directory by clicking on the Next button and then clicking on the Install button to start the installation process of Rivatuner statistics server.
9. Now Rivatuner Statistics Server is installing, you will see a progress bar for this installation process.
10. Once the installation process of the Rivatuner statistics server is completed successfully, click on the Finish button to close the setup wizard. You can choose to run RTSS right away or postpone it by closing the Setup Wizard without running RTSS.
11. You can now find RTSS in your start menu, under All Programs. If you want to open RTSS right away, double click on the RivaTunerStatisticsServer64.exe file here: C:\Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server to open up the Rivatuner statistics server user interface.
12. You will need to configure RivaTunerStatisticsServer64.exe with your internet connection settings (proxy server, IPv4/IPv6 addresses) if you want to connect over the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rivatuner Statistics Server?
Rivatuner Statistics Server is a program that acts as a middleman between a video game and the driver to provide precise in-game framerate information, measured in frames per second (fps). It can also be used for framerate monitoring by specifying a constant frame time.
How does it work?
It works very similar to how FRAPS worked by hooking into your games at certain points and timing how long they take, except instead of measuring the time taken, it measures how many ‘frames’ have passed since its last run using DirectX 9 or 11’s methods for reporting this info from the driver level. Thus, Rivatuner has more accurate results—how many fps the game is rendering.
My FPS fluctuates a lot, is there any way to lock it?
In RivaTuner Statistics Server, go into the “Layout and Overlays” tab and click on “Customize layout”. Then under “Monitoring”, select that option that says “(Advanced) Absolute (ms)” along with a polling interval of about 3-5 ms. This will lower fluctuations in your framerate, though note that it can slow down recording a little bit more because RTSS has to wait for the value to be polled from hardware.
What are the system requirements for running RivaTuner Statistics Server?
RTSS has no special hardware requirements, but it’s recommended you have at least 1 GB of free disk space and at least 512 MB of memory.
Why should I use RivaTuner Statistics Server?
RTSS is the most widely used fps monitoring software to date. With its many features, it’s a great tool for anyone who needs precise in-game fps information and framerate monitoring with very little overhead (memory and performance).
How should I configure RivaTuner Statistics Server?
There are two ways to configure RTSS, the first is by using the .ini configuration file that’s generated when you first run Rivatuner Statistics Server (.\Rivatuner Statistics Server\Profiles\RTSS_profile.XML) and the second is by adjusting the settings inside RTSS UI.
How do I uninstall Rivatuner Statistics Server?
To uninstall Rivatuner Statistics Server, simply open Control Panel and choose Programs and Features (for Windows 10/8/7) or Add/Remove Programs for earlier versions of the Windows operating system. Then right-click on RivaTuner Statistics Server in the list and choose Uninstall.
What is the difference between RivaTuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner?
RTSS and MSI Afterburner have a lot in common. The main difference is that MSI Afterburner offers additional overclocking features, while RTSS focuses on benchmarking features only. It’s important to understand that overclocking your GPU will not impact fps and framerate.
How do I make RTSS start automatically with Windows?
You need to use Task Scheduler (for Windows) and create an action to run “C:\Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHost.exe” -start in the task scheduler program. For more information, click here.
How do I automatically start RivaTuner Statistics Server with Windows?
You can create a shortcut to “C:\Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHost.exe” in your Windows startup folder and you will always have RTSS start with your computer booting up.
How do I use an online account to access my statistics?
To set up an online account and be able to access your statistics from anywhere, go into the RivaTuner Statistics Server program folder (C:\Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server) and open up RTSSHost.exe with Notepad and look for “OnlineKey=”. Then insert your online account key in the quotes. For example, this is what an OnlineKey would look like:
How do I use RivaTuner Statistics Server with games not listed in the dropdown?
RTSS can use 3rd party applications to measure fps for games not listed in its dropdown. First, go into the Rivatuner Statistics Server program folder (C:\Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server) and open RTSSHost.exe with Notepad.
Then scroll down until you see “<AppConfig filename=”D3D9.xml” />”. Right-click on it and choose “Copy” to copy this line of code, then go to Google and search for “List of D3D9 Application Programming Interface (API) function pointers” .
From the list that comes up, click on the first link that’s called “Direct3D 9 reference”. Scroll down to “Direct3D9 – Object Creation” and look for D3D9CreateDevice(…, …). Right-click on it and click on “Select All” + “Copy”. Then go back to Rivatuner Statistics Server and right-click in the RTSSHost.exe program folder where you see “<AppConfig filename=”D3D9.xml” />” and click on “Paste”.
In the same line, right-click after “D3D9CreateDevice(…,” and click on “Replace”. Paste the code from the link in Notepad at this location by right-clicking and clicking on “Paste”. Then make sure to delete the ” </Direct3D9> </AppConfig>” line.
Now, for every function you want to use in RivaTuner Statistics Server, find out its corresponding code at Direct3D 9 reference and add it in between “<AppConfig filename=”D3D9.xml” />” and “/></AppConfig>” as a new line.
What is Temperature and Power Target?
Both of those sliders define maximum values that your GPU will reach before it starts to throttle to avoid overheating. Note that throttling means that your card will technically run slower than its base clock speed, which can also lead to stuttering. Your goal should be to find the maximum value where your card begins throttling, while still maintaining playable framerates. Temperature target is there to determine how much your GPU will throttle (in percentage) while Power target defines how much power (in percentage) it will use before beginning to throttle.
What is the purpose of custom color when recording?
It allows to record video with transparent background. By default, RTSS records with white background which you can see in some videos on YouTube, but it does not look very nice when trying to add a watermark. I suggest using 50% transparency for this; It will make your video cleaner without being too distracting.
Where can I download Rivatuner Statistics Server?
You can download it from the official website rivatuner.net.